Sunday 16 March 2008

DoE Planning...how's it going?



You have been very quiet about your planning recently and I can only hope this means that you are progressing nicely...if this is not the case you MUST come and see me for help.

I am proposing to use the last weekend of the Easter Holiday (19th/20th April) to complete your practice expedition. I have tried to avoid May and June for obvious reasons. As mentioned previously, I think the best place to complete this would be Exmoor, which some of you will know already, and is now counted as a wild country area. This should help with the O.A.P form for Poland. Reading the Award website, it states that:

"Practice journeys at Silver and Gold levels should include two or more full days and nights away from home."

I suggest that we travel to Exmoor on the Friday evening (18th April), complete the weekend training and return to school approx 17:00 on the Sunday (20th April). I will, of course, ask the question of County about those particpants who are going to Exmoor two weeks earlier, to see if you need to repeat this exercise!? Permission slips for this will be available soon, please let me know ASAP if you cannot make this date. Mention this to those people in your group who are still not checking the Blog regularly!

I have an electronic copy the 'Green Form' with Kingdown information on it, which must be sent to the Exmoor panel VERY SOON! Tracings (A4) of the route you intend to walk must also be included. Please email me at: bl@kingdown.wilts.sch.uk to receive the green form from me. You can then add all your team information and EMAIL it back to me for sending to the expedition panel. I also have maps of Exmoor available in my room for when you wish to plan your route and paper to do the tracings on.

To make sure you are on task, please arrange for one or two members of you team to see me at any time this week and give details of your progress so far. You have enough time to complete everything, but you must stay on top of it! Good luck, Mr B.

No comments: